You asked for it, so here it is!
Several people requested a hard copy of our articles so we decided to publish a book of lost and forgotten stories plus additional information and stories not found on www.alabamapioneers.com.
The stories in Alabama Footprints – Exploration – A collection of lost & forgotten stories of Alabama, concerns the discovery of Alabama and the initial settlement era.
If you enjoy Alabama Footprints – Exploration, we plan to make this a series. But it all depends on you so be sure to let us know what you think. Remember the sale of books funds this website so the website can continue to remain FREE.
See the Table of Contents below:
Table of Contents
- De Soto’s Interpreter Was Almost Roasted By The Indians
- De Soto Was Refused Indian Maidens To Accompany Him
- The People Of Maubilla – Exterminated
- First Mardi Gras In America
- Alabama Belonged To France For Sixty-five Years
- The Mississippi Bubble Burst
- Alabama’s First Indian Agents
- Royalists Settle In Alabama
- James Willing And His Band Left A Trail of Devastation Seldom Equaled
- The American Revolution Fought In Alabama
Early Immigrants To Alabama
- The Wife of President Andrew Jackson, Was A Pioneer Of Madison County, Alabama
- Injured, Robbed And Traveling On Foot, They Still Made It To Alabama In 1791
- Sophia McGillivray – A Remarkable Woman
- North Carolinians Preserve And Finally Arrive In Alabama
- Milly, Alone In The Wilderness Of Montgomery, Alabama In 1792
- Montgomery County, Alabama Inhabited By Some Interesting Characters
Living With The Native Americans
- Some of the Alabama Pioneers Captured And Ransomed By The Native Americans
- Surveying Alabama Trading Houses Established
- Mississippi Territory Created Governor Blount Ousted First School Opened
- They Made Sure The Knot Was Tied Securely
- A Unique Native American Way To Settle A Land Dispute
- Religion, Patriotism, Laws And Civilization
- The Federal Road – Alabama’s First Interstate
- Streets Paved With Brick and Stone
- Some Early Towns In Alabama
- Native Americans Deceived By British
You can purchase the book directly from the publisher here or at Amazon.com through the link below.
ALABAMA FOOTPRINTS Exploration: Lost & Forgotten Stories (Volume 1)
It will be available at Barnes and Noble and other retail stores soon and on Kindle in the near future.