ALABAMA INTERNAL REVENUE COLLECTORS Federal taxes have been collected a long time, dating back to the Civil War but Alabama did not come under the Act until the close of the War in 1865. Internal revenue or excise duties date … Read More
Subscribe to our NewsletterSubscribe to our weekly newsletter filled with exclusive information and updates of all new information on Alabama Pioneers directly to your inbox
Tags1800's 1820's 1830's 1840's 1850's 1860's 1870's 1900's Alabama history AUTAUGA COUNTY Baptist BIBB COUNTY Businessman CALHOUN COUNTY Civil War courts DALLAS COUNTY Doctor Early Alabama education Farmer GENEALOGY GEORGIA humor Indians in Alabama JEFFERSON COUNTY LAWRENCE COUNTY Madison County Masonic memories Methodist Military Mobile County MONTGOMERY COUNTY PERRY COUNTY Politics Recipes REVOLUTIONARY WAR SHELBY COUNTY South Carolina TALLADEGA COUNTY TENNESSEE tombstones TUSCALOOSA COUNTY VIRGINIA
- My New Orleans Experience: My Purse was Snatched! - Days Gone By on Alabama Football – Did you know Alabama hasn’t always had a mascot?
- Donna R Causey on Why I would not kiss a Yankee! Amazing story written of civil war times.
- Joel Honedge on The Last Panther in Alabama – or was he?
- Donna R Causey on Biography: Major Lewis Henry Crumpler born 1843 with photograph
- Donna R Causey on Biography: John Alston Dudley Revolutionary War Soldier