“On April 24, 1922, Alabama’s first radio station, WSY, begins broadcasting. The 500-Watt AM radio station was started by Alabama Power Company to help keep in touch with line crews in isolated areas. “The station was launched from a studio at 1921 Powell … Read More
“For those who enjoy historical fiction, this is a fun read. The historical characters and setting seem so real….” – Lisa Redden “This is the third of Donna’s novels I have read! Each one just makes you want the next … Read More
Tags1800's 1830's 1840's 1850's 1860's 1870's 1900's 1930's Alabama history AUTAUGA COUNTY Baptist BIBB COUNTY Businessman CALHOUN COUNTY Christmas DALLAS COUNTY Doctor Early Alabama education Farmer GENEALOGY GEORGIA humor Indians in Alabama Ireland JEFFERSON COUNTY LAWRENCE COUNTY Legislature Madison County Masonic memories Methodist Military MONTGOMERY COUNTY Politics Recipes REVOLUTIONARY WAR SHELBY COUNTY South Carolina TALLADEGA COUNTY TENNESSEE Texas tombstones TUSCALOOSA COUNTY VIRGINIA
- First cotton gin established before Alabama became a state | Alabama Pioneers on Remarkable story of Old St. Stephens by Mary Welsh born 1823!
- Kelly Hogan on Bangor Cave – the only underground nightclub in America
- Brandy Dye McKelvy on Bangor Cave – the only underground nightclub in America
- Maggie Pinkston Peden on Bangor Cave – the only underground nightclub in America
- Donna R Causey on Letter from an Alabama Confederate Soldier residing in Texas